Zona Politics Airs Sunday at 8 a.m. on the CW Tucson. Channel 8 on Cox and Comcast and Channel 58 on broadcast, DirecTV and Dish.
- McCain Returns to Senate To Push Mystery GOP Healthcare Bill Forward July 26, 2017On Tuesday, Sen. John McCain returned to the Senate floor to cast his vote in a pivotal moment for the Affordable Care Act. Following surgery to treat a blood clot discovered in his brain, McCain was diagnosed with a deadly form of brain cancer at the Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix earlier last week. With surgery scars visible above his left eye, McCain […]
- Calling candidate commentaries: Pols' op-eds wanted July 26, 2017Local political candidates are welcome to submit guest opinion pieces for publication. Here's what we're looking for, and what we're not.Dylan Smith
- AZ Ed Department's Communications Director Miscommunicated He Had a Degree July 26, 2017Dan Godzich is in charge of communications for the Arizona Department of Education. But his social media pages and an official press release fudged his own educational history. Godzich does not, in fact, have a college degree.
- EU Official Threatens US, Criticizes House-Approved Russia Sanctions July 26, 2017WASHINGTON (AP) — The president of the European Union’s executive arm is threatening unspecified action against the United States if a package of sanctions on Russia approved by U.S. lawmakers harms EU energy supplies. European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said in a statement Wednesday that “the Commission concluded today that if our concerns are […]Associated Press
- House passes Russian sanctions bill by a veto-proof majority July 25, 2017Back in June, a bipartisan Senate majority easily approved legislation imposing new sanctions on Russia in response to Russia’s interference in the U.S. election on a vote of 97 to 2. Putin’s pal in the White House launched an aggressive push to derail … Continue reading →AZ BlueMeanie
- Looks Like Tim Steller is the only one who actually listenend to the tape. June 26, 2017I find it interesting (but not surprising) that of all the articles about my comments, no one seemed to actually listen to my comments. They are reacting to the way that other people have described those comments because, you know,...Greg Patterson
- The journey home: Tribal officials discuss importance of repatriation May 12, 2015TOPAWA – Joseph Joaquin sat beneath a mesquite tree at the base of Baboquivari Peak and gestured toward the mountain range and desert plants. “The man we call I’itoi – we call him our creator – he’s the one who created all of this,” said Joaquin, the cultural resource specialist for the Tohono O’odham Nation […]Steve Crane