Zona Politics Airs Sunday at 8 a.m. on the CW Tucson. Channel 8 on Cox and Comcast and Channel 58 on broadcast, DirecTV and Dish.
- Song of the Day: Billy Sedlmayr tackles 10cc's '70's Classic 'Rubber Bullets' April 29, 2017As a young kid with a burning drive to consume all things Rock 'n’ Roll, be it every last word written in Creem, Crawdaddy, or Rolling Stone, building my record collection at all cost, every image, lyric or liner note till they were secured by genre in my head (I don’t recommend this path, but I think, much like a mole or birthmark, dear reader, you may […]
- BP: 67 lbs. of pot found boxed up in hearse April 30, 2017Border Patrol agents stopped a hearse Saturday night north of Sierra Vista and discovered more than 67 lbs. of marijuana worth more than $33k concealed in a casket, with bags of manure used to cover the smell. Despite the fragrant cover-up, a drug dog alerted to the hidden drugs.Paul Ingram
- Shooting Champion Matt Burkett Arrested, Accused of Fraud Related to Scottsdale Firearms Firm April 28, 2017Matt Burkett, a noted firearms instructor and shooting-competition champion, was detained this week by federal authorities following a fraud allegation against him and his Scottsdale company, Predator Tactical, LLC.
- Lawmakers Make Progress Toward $1T Plan To Fund Government Through Oct. April 30, 2017WASHINGTON (AP) — Top Capitol Hill negotiators are reporting progress toward a long-sought agreement on a massive $1 trillion-plus spending bill that would fund the day-to-day operations of virtually every federal agency through Oct. 1. Aides say lawmakers closely involved in the talks have worked through many sticking points in hopes of making the measure p […]ANDREW TAYLOR
- Political Calendar: Week of April 30, 2017 April 30, 2017The Political Calendar is posted on Sundays. Please send us notice of your political events prior to the Sunday before your event (7 days would be most helpful). See the calendar icon in the right-hand column of the blog page … Continue reading →AZ BlueMeanie
- Ten Years...Where Did they Go? August 18, 2016Ten years ago today I attended my first day of law school. Last Monday I had the opportunity to speak at the dedication of the new Arizona Center for Law and Society building, that will house the Sandra Day O'Connor...Greg Patterson
- The journey home: Tribal officials discuss importance of repatriation May 12, 2015TOPAWA – Joseph Joaquin sat beneath a mesquite tree at the base of Baboquivari Peak and gestured toward the mountain range and desert plants. “The man we call I’itoi – we call him our creator – he’s the one who created all of this,” said Joaquin, the cultural resource specialist for the Tohono O’odham Nation […]Steve Crane