Zona Politics Airs Sunday at 8 a.m. on the CW Tucson. Channel 8 on Cox and Comcast and Channel 58 on broadcast, DirecTV and Dish.
- AZ Republican Legislators Say No To 17 Minutes of Silence March 16, 2018They were in a political bind on March 14. The Arizona House Republicans could have stood for 17 minutes in silent remembrance of the 17 students killed in Florida and risk angering the Second Amendment absolutists who vote for them, or they could leave and risk showing disrespect for the slain Parkland students and the local students who filled the visitors […]
- Cunningham: New police cars on the prowl in Tucson March 17, 2018Councilman Paul Cunningham: The next time you see a police cruiser or a fire vehicle, you might see a decal that says "Tucson Delivers." That means it was purchased with the half-cent sales tax that you voted for last year.Paul Cunningham
- Five of the Weirdest Entries Suggested for ADOT's Road Sign Contest March 16, 2018People had some odd ideas when given the opportunity to write a highway sign message for a captive audience of commuters.
- As Ominous As It Gets March 17, 2018You’ve seen the news of former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe’s firing by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, late on a Friday evening East Coast time. Sessions’ full statement is at the bottom of Tierney Sneed’s report. Let’s stipulate that dishonesty, under oath, by an FBI official is a grave matter. That’s what Sessions’ cites in firing McCabe, and he lays […]David Kurtz
- Democrats Energized to Take Back Seats in Glendale’s LD20 March 17, 2018An energetic field of progressive Democratic candidates in Glendale and Phoenix are running to oust right-wing, pro-NRA, anti-abortion incumbents in Republican-leaning legislative district 20. AZ Senate Douglas Ervin, a pilot and triathlete, is the former Chief Development Architect of AFS Technologies … Continue reading →Larry Bodine
- Time for Montini to Apologize to Schweikert June 14, 2017Just yesterday the Republic's EJ Montini mocked Congressman Schweikert for being afraid of "Cookie Monsters." No Ed. There are real monsters out there. It's time for you to acknowledge that. And it's time for you to apologize to Congressman Schweikert...Greg Patterson
- The journey home: Tribal officials discuss importance of repatriation May 12, 2015TOPAWA – Joseph Joaquin sat beneath a mesquite tree at the base of Baboquivari Peak and gestured toward the mountain range and desert plants. “The man we call I’itoi – we call him our creator – he’s the one who created all of this,” said Joaquin, the cultural resource specialist for the Tohono O’odham Nation […]Steve Crane