Zona Politics Airs Sunday at 8 a.m. on the CW Tucson. Channel 8 on Cox and Comcast and Channel 58 on broadcast, DirecTV and Dish.
- How's the New 'Anyone Can Teach in Arizona' Law Working Out So Far? June 22, 2017In 2008, Ed Supe Tom Horne had a great idea to get more science and math teachers in the classroom. Why not have businesses let some of their STEM-based employees teach one high school class a year as part of their job?…
- Andrew Gardner closes the circle on psychedelic rock, again June 22, 2017In the past couple of years, it's begun to seem like every other new band in Tucson is "reinventing" psychedelic rock. But Andrew Gardner, frontman of Tucson indie band La Cerca is not surprised that the music he was listening to at a young age is coming back into style. Plus, more weekend music.Julie Jennings Patterson
- If Trump Reduces Bears Ears Monument 'It's an Attack on Tribal Nations' June 22, 2017America’s newest national monument, located in Utah on Arizona's northern border, was also the first ever proposed by American Indian tribes. Now President Trump's administration wants to shrink it.
- Trump: It's 'Very Bothersome' That Comey And Mueller Are 'Good Friends' June 23, 2017In an interview with “Fox and Friends” set to air in full on Friday morning, President Donald Trump complained that special counsel Robert Mueller and former FBI Director James Comey are “good friends.” “He’s very, very good friends with Comey, which is very bothersome, but he’s also — we’re gonna have to see,” Trump said in an excerpt published Thursday eve […]Caitlin MacNeal
- Latest on the Trump-Putin campaign investigation June 22, 2017You’re shocked, I’m sure. America’s liar-in-chief Donald Trump: “I did not make recordings of Comey,” after teasing the possibility he did for weeks. What a drama queen. So Trump’s good with a charge of witness intimidation then. Good to know. … Continue reading →AZ BlueMeanie
- Which one of us is the Goat? June 15, 2017This story is the second of two parts. For background, click here. Republic reporter Mary Jo Pitzl called me on Tuesday to get my comment on an upcoming story that Yvonne Wingett is writing. It seems that Rep. Mark Finchem...Greg Patterson
- The journey home: Tribal officials discuss importance of repatriation May 12, 2015TOPAWA – Joseph Joaquin sat beneath a mesquite tree at the base of Baboquivari Peak and gestured toward the mountain range and desert plants. “The man we call I’itoi – we call him our creator – he’s the one who created all of this,” said Joaquin, the cultural resource specialist for the Tohono O’odham Nation […]Steve Crane